PREGNANCY & PEDIATRIC
So your expecting! This is both an exciting, yet demanding time.
Don't worry, at Westmount Chiropractic, we have your back! Pregnancy related posterior pelvic pain is effectively treated with a combination of gentle mobilizations and soft tissue manipulations.
How does massage help with pregnancy related aches & pains?
Research supports the notion of massage therpay leading to a long-list of health benefits including:
- Improved materal psyche
- Decreased pain levels, anxiety & depression scores
- Decreased cortisol levels
- Decreased number of obstetrical complications
Additionally, current evidence supports massage therapy through the labour and birthing process leads to:
- Decreased length of labour
- Decreased tissue sensitivity
- Decreased rates of post-partum depression
- Shorter hospital stay times